Building on Catcraft
Claiming Land Information
Claiming your land is essential to prevent unwanted visitors from building or taking things from your base. Claims are a square region of land, that prevent other players from breaking, building, slaying mobs or interacting with anything inside the protected region. All players receive '100 claiming blocks for every hour' from actively playing on Catcraft.
How to Claim Land
Typing /kit claim will give you a golden shovel and stick, which will be used for claiming & checking land claims.
- To start claiming, hold onto your golden shovel in your main hand, and right-click on the ground for where you want your first corner of your claim to be.
- Continue holding onto the golden shovel, as you walk across to the second corner of your claim, and right-click the ground.
- You can also claim land by typing /claim [blocks]
- The size you input will correspond to the number of blocks from your current position to the new border of the claim.
- Claims can be resized by simply right-clicking the corners of your current claim (the golden blocks).
- Claims can also easily be extended by typing /extendclaim [blocks]
Right-clicking the stick on blocks or distant land, will tell you whether that region has been claimed by someone else. The Gold blocks and glowstone shows the borders of the claim. Any subclaims are temporarly shown as iron blocks and wool.
Subdividing claims is helpful if you want to split your large claim, into smaller individual claims, and allow trusted players to build within those claims, without having permission to interact with your large claim. For example, you have a town, and you want to allocate members of your town to plots in your town, without allowing them to build/break blocks outside their allocated plot of land, subdividing your large claim allows can achieve this.
- Subclaims do not take up claiming blocks.
- Subclaims are marked out using iron and wool blocks.
- Only the owner of the main claim, is able to create subdivided claims.
- Use the same claiming method as mentioned before, except you must do it inside the claim you wish to have subdivided.
- To remove a subdivided claim, type /unclaim
To delete a claim, simply type /unclaim while standing inside the claim you wish to abandon.
Overworld is 30k x 30k
- The Overworld never resets and the world-border may increase in size over time.
Nether 30k x 30k
- The Nether world resets every three months, with a new seed.
End 25k x 25k
- The End world resets every month. This is to give all new players an opportunity to find fresh end world treasures.
Resource World 25k x 25k
- The resource world resets every two months. This world is the same as the overworld, but it provides players with a new location filled with precious ores, untouched forests, and an entirely fresh world to explore.
Top Building Tips from the Builders of Catcraft
- Terraform your land, plot out a foundation for your build, and create a mental map.
- Pick a block palette.
- Find inspiration from online. E.g. reddit, Instagram, #player-builds on the discord server etc
- Use custom heads to decorate your builds. Type /heads to open the custom heads menu.
- Work with your environment, not against it.
- Find a build theme that suits you the most.
- Claim land that is slightly larger than the actual size of your build, to allow for plenty of room for decoration.